Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Color Blue The Color Pink

I read this beautiful children's book about a mother and her 2 sons and how she loved them each differently. And she compared them each to a different color, so as I went to write in their journals today about them (which I had been neglecting to do for too long) I changed my mind and decided to write these poems instead, as a way to express my love for them. :)

The Color Blue

I love Eli like the color blue. Like a clear blue stream, clean, flowing, small and a little rocky.

Like a warm sunny day and a warm blue night, like the smell of warm bread and maple syrup.

I love him like a soft blue blanket nuzzled under my chin and a silly baby monkey or a cute faithful puppy, watching, growing and loving.

I love him like a deep fresh breath, expanding my lungs, giving me life and filling me with peace and love.


The Color Pink

I love Laya like the color pink. Like a pink fluttery butterfly floating past me, free and happy.

Or a rainbow, shining, bright and beautiful through a sky of tears or a kind, good friend showing mercy to the lonely.

I love her like the color purple mixed with heus of red, blue, orange and yellow as I glimpse the setting sun.

I love her like a strong warm heartbeat giving me life and meaning.

2 comments:

  1. whoops, I actually didn't mean to post on this blog, I meant to do it on my own, but I guess you can all read this :)

    ReplyDelete